Savory Slow-Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
Prep Time: 25 Minutes | Cook Time: 7 Hours 45 Minutes | Servings: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Place the mushrooms, onion, pepper and garlic in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Season the chicken as desired. Coat the chicken with the flour. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in batches and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken to the cooker.
- Add the wine to the skillet and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the wine is reduced by half. Stir in the broth. Pour the wine mixture into the cooker. Add the sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir the linguine into the cooker. Set the cooker to HIGH. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the linguine is tender.
- Time-Saving: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories - 510, Cholesterol - 67mg, Sodium - 457mg, Protein - 35.3g, Vitamin A - 15%, Vitamin C - 60%, Calcium - 10%, Iron - 20%